Magnetic ski rack
Are you ready for a skiing holiday and are you already eager to make the slopes in the mountains unsafe? Now you are probably just looking for a way to securely attach the skis, because your car may be well filled with friends, family, suitcases, travel bags, etc. Stowing your skis or snowboards under everything you take with you on vacation is not a good idea. There they get scratched quickly and nobody wants to hit the slopes with damaged skis. It is safer to use our magnetic ski carrier.
Magnetic roof rack for easy attachment to the car
Our magnetic ski carriers offer an uncomplicated alternative to conventional ski holders. The assembly is very simple: You can easily and quickly attach the magnetic roof racks to the car roof without tools. They are ideally suited for various types of ski sports articles:
- Carving skis
- Cross-country skiing
If they are no longer needed, the magnets and the carrying device can simply be removed from the roof and stored temporarily in the trunk.
Another advantage of our carrier systems is that they can be used in different ways. You can not only attach the magnetic ski carrier to car roofs, but they adhere to any suitable surface and ensure optimum hold. The advantages of our products are obvious:
- Easy and quick to install
- Adhere just as well as conventional carriers when properly attached
- Can be easily removed
- Hold on various surfaces
You can choose between our magnetic ski carrier for two pairs of cross-country or carving skis and the model for two pairs of carving skis or two snowboards. Our carriers are therefore optimally tailored to your individual needs. Both magnetic roof racks are also available at reasonable prices.
Safety instructions for attaching the magnetic ski carrier to the car
Before using our magnetic ski carrier, you should carefully read the safety instructions in the product descriptions. In the following we summarize the most important:
- The roof surface in the area of the shelves must be free of dirt, snow and ice, otherwise the magnets will not hold properly and paint damage can also occur.
- You must place the magnetic plates on the flattest possible roof surface. These should also be firmly in place. Only then will the magnets hold reliably - then the adhesion is strong enough.
- The distance between the straps must be adjusted so that the skis on the front straps cannot tip out when the binding hits the rear straps.
- You must always load the skis with their tips backwards.
- Since the carrier influences your driving behavior, buyers should always adhere to the recommended speed on the motorway. Basically, the ski rack stays put at speeds of approximately 125 mph (200 km/h).
- The plates can bend or the permanent magnet material can break under impact loads.
- The handle on the outer edge of the magnetic plate serves for easier removal from the vehicle roof.
- Take special care with vehicles with a sunroof. The magnetic ski racks should rest completely on the closed sheet metal surface - i.e. either on the sunroof or on the rest of the roof area. You should also never open the sunroof when the straps are on.