Magnetic tape - the all-purpose helper
With the high-quality magnetic tape from the magnet-shop.com range, you get a practical way of attaching non-magnetic objects to metallic surfaces. Super-fast, super flexible:
- Simply cut the magnetic tape with scissors
- Put it on the desired object
- Attach to a suitable primer
Bring new mounting options into your home or office. This works entirely without drilling or screwing. The strong magnetic tapes always ensure an optimal hold!
Universally applicable: The magnetic adhesive tape in the magnet-shop offer
Discover our large selection of different magnetic tapes. You can choose between various lengths, widths, and thicknesses to implement your desired projects. They are guaranteed to be very easy to attach: The rolls can be cut into magnetic strips in no time at all. Then all you must do is peel off the protective strip on the adhesive layer and then attach the magnetic tape to an object. Obvious possible uses are, for example:
- Attaching information signs
- Hanging photos and decorations
- Exhibition and display construction
- Attaching fly screens
- Limitation for vacuum cleaner robots
- Use as play, planning and teaching aids
What can ferrite or neodymium magnetic tape be used for?
The magnetic tape is ideal for fixing objects of all kinds on magnetic surfaces. The big advantage here is that the single-sided self-adhesive magnetic strips are available at a low price and in various lengths or quantities. Depending on the intended use, you can also cut the ribbons yourself. If you rotate them 180 degrees, two self-adhesive magnetic tapes that attract each other can even be pinned together. All manufacturers in our range stand for the highest quality, so that you succeed in all projects. In addition, we have other types of magnetic tape in various colors, which you can use for impressive color combinations. Look at our marking tape and bring color into play!
What should you watch out for with magnetic tape?
When using magnetic tapes, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Depending on the weight, different magnetic tapes are required (different lengths, widths and thicknesses are available)
- Magnetic adhesive tapes cannot be used as a base for magnets
- For objects made of particularly heavy materials, you will also find neodymium magnetic tape for extra strong adhesive force at Magnet-Shop
What is the adhesive force of magnetic tapes?
The strength of the adhesive force depends on the material used. Ferrite magnetic tapes have less adhesion than those made from neodymium. Neodymium magnets are the most powerful magnets in the world. With our strong neodymium power magnetic tape, you can also attach larger weights accordingly. The adhesive force is 415 g / cm². Magnetic adhesive strips made of ferrite cannot handle quite as much weight. The average magnetic force is 75 g / cm².
On which surfaces do magnetic tapes that are self-adhesive stick best?
You should only use magnetic tape if the primer meets certain requirements. Only then can the tape develop its full adhesive strength and hold reliably. So you should make sure that the surface is clean, dry and dust-free. Ideally, clean it beforehand so that no small stones or dirt particles get stuck under the magnetic tape. Other important points are:
- The smoother the ground, the better the tape adheres. Accordingly, uneven, or rough surfaces are not very suitable as a primer. The adhesive on the underside of the magnetic adhesive tape only holds in place if it is in complete contact with the surface. Powder-coated surfaces as well as certain plastics such as polyethylene do not provide the tape with sufficient hold.
- Do not remove the protective film until just before sticking.
- Do not touch the adhesive surface again after you have removed the foil.
Wood, Plexiglas, cardboard and laser printing paper, for example, are particularly suitable as substrates.
How can you combine two self-adhesive magnetic tapes?
You can connect non-magnetic objects, for example, by combining two strong magnetic straps. However, you must make sure that you put unequal poles on top of each other. You always have to rotate a band by 180 °.
Does the temperature influence the adhesive force of magnetic tapes?
If the temperature is too high, magnets can demagnetize. The type of magnet is decisive. Neodymium magnets lose some of their magnetization at temperatures of 85 ° C, for example. Ferrite magnets can withstand higher temperatures of up to 250 ° C, but are susceptible to extreme cold from -20 ° C.