Magnetic tape – the all-purpose helper
With the high-quality magnetic tape from the magnet-shop.com range, you get a practical way of attaching non-magnetic objects to metallic surfaces. Super-fast, super flexible:
- Simply cut the magnetic tape with scissors
- Stick it on the desired object
- Attach to a suitable substrate
Bring new mounting options to your home or office. It all works without drilling or screwing. The strong magnetic tapes always ensure an optimal hold!
Universally applicable: the magnetic adhesive tape offered by magnet-shop
Discover our large selection of different magnetic tapes. You can choose between various lengths, widths, and thicknesses to implement your desired projects. They are guaranteed to be very easy to attach: The rolls can be cut to magnetic strips in no time at all. Then all you must do is remove the protective strip on the adhesive layer and then attach the magnetic tape to an object. Possible uses are, for example:
- Attaching information signs
- Hanging photos and decorations
- Exhibition and display construction
- Attaching fly screens
- Limitation for vacuum cleaner robots
- Use as a game, planning and teaching aid
You can buy these types of magnetic tape
In our shop you will find different magnetic tape variants. You can choose between:
Our ferrite magnetic tape is available in different lengths, widths, and thicknesses. The narrowest variant is available in a size of 6.0 x 1.5 millimeters. The largest variant is 300 x 10 x 1.2 millimeters. The advantage of ferrite lies in the robustness of the material. Although it is not as magnetically strong as neodymium, it is weatherproof and corrosion-resistant.
- Magnetic tape made of neodymium
You can order our neodymium magnetic tapes in lengths of up to ten meters. The material can hold a weight of 415 g/cm². Our magnetic foil is also particularly practical, with which you can also use on larger surfaces.
Our marking tape is available in different colors and widths - from 5 to 200 millimeters. Our writable, white magnetic tape is suitable for presentations or demonstrations on a whiteboard.
What can you use magnetic tape made of ferrite or neodymium for?
The adhesive tape magnet is ideal for attaching objects of all kinds to magnetic surfaces. The big advantage is that the one-sided self-adhesive magnetic strips are available at a low price and in different lengths or quantities. Depending on the intended use, you can also cut the ribbons yourself. If you rotate them 180 degrees, two self-adhesive magnetic tapes that attract each other can even be attached to each other. All manufacturers in our range stand for the highest quality, so that you can succeed in all your projects.
In addition, we have other magnetic tape versions in various colors, which you can use for impressive color combinations. Look at our identification tape and bring some color into play!
What do you have to consider when using magnetic tape?
If you use magnetic tapes, you should consider the following points:
- Depending on the weight, different magnetic tapes are required (different lengths, widths and thicknesses are available)
- Magnetic tapes cannot be used as an adhesive base for magnets
- For objects made of particularly heavy materials, you will also find neodymium magnetic tape for extra strong adhesive power at Magnet-Shop
How high is the adhesive force of magnetic tapes?
The strength of the adhesive force depends on the material used. Ferrite magnetic tapes have less adhesion than neodymium tapes. Neodymium magnets are the most powerful magnets in the world. With our strong neodymium power magnetic tape, you can also attach heavier weights accordingly. The adhesive force is 415 g/cm². Magnetic tape made of ferrite can't handle quite as much weight. The average magnetic force is 75 g/cm².
On which surfaces do self-adhesive magnetic tapes stick best?
You should only use magnetic tape if the substrate meets certain requirements. Only then can the tape develop its full adhesive strength and hold reliably. You should make sure that the surface is clean, dry and dust-free. Ideally, you should clean it beforehand so that no small stones or dirt particles get stuck under the magnetic tape. Other important points are:
- The smoother the ground, the better the tape will stick. Uneven or rough surfaces are therefore not well suited as a primer. The adhesive on the underside of the magnetic tape will only hold if there is complete contact with the surface. Powder-coated surfaces and certain plastics such as polyethylene also do not provide the tape with sufficient support.
- Only remove the protective film just before gluing.
- Do not touch the adhesive surface after removing the film. Wood, plexiglass, cardboard, and laser printing paper are particularly suitable as substrates.
How to combine two self-adhesive magnetic tapes?
You can connect non-magnetic objects, for example, by combining two strong magnetic tapes. However, you must make sure that you place unequal poles on top of each other. You always have to rotate a tape by 180°. How to create a magnetic tape with counterpart.
Does the temperature affect the adhesive strength of magnetic tapes?
If the temperature is too high, magnets can demagnetize. The type of magnet is crucial. For example, neodymium magnets lose part of their magnetization at temperatures of 85 °C. Ferrite magnets can withstand higher temperatures of up to 250 °C, but are susceptible to extreme cold from -20 °C.